Fine Art + Furniture & Decorative Arts
Sale 130 Lot 831
group of stick pins, five:
(left to right)
1) French Royal Arms crest (shield-form family crest with three fleur-de-lis, ivy leaves and a red crown on top), sterling silver, gold-filled, polychrome enamel (stamped marks)
2) ornate battle axe with foliate pattern, silver, niello enamel (marked indistinctively)
3) profile of an Arab man, gilt metal, polychrome enamel (unmarked)
4) profile of a lion, gilt metal, enamel (unmarked)
5) mask with hollow eye slots and suspended dangling cut-crystal eyes, gilt metal (unmarked)
longest, face: 13/16″w x 1 1/4″h; overall: 3 11/16″l
Each having expected wear with age and use.
1) Some minor losses to enamel. Solder mark to back of head. Bends to the pin. 4.1 dwts
2) 3.0 dwts
3) Loss of enamel to top. Discoloration to the back of head.