Highlights of Toomey & Co.’s New Website
Welcome to Toomey & Co. Auctioneers’ new online home! Thanks for visiting our relaunched and fully transformed website under our new name. We’ve put together this helpful guide to cover the highlights.
John Toomey Gallery Is Now Toomey & Co. Auctioneers
In December 2017, John Toomey Gallery ended its highly successful, 30-year partnership with Treadway Gallery of Cincinnati. Treadway Toomey Auctions broke new ground over the years as specialty houses began to compete increasingly with bigger houses. To learn more about Toomey & Co.’s transition and hear directly from our President John Toomey and new CEO Lucy Toomey, check out this post from our New and Noteworthy section based on a recent press release:
Actively Seeking Consignments
Toomey & Co. is actively seeking consignments for upcoming auctions. We pride ourselves on providing the best customer service possible. Whether by email, phone, or in person, our staff is always ready to assist you. As part of our website redesign, we’ve streamlined the process of requesting an estimate with a simplified form. If you provide your contact information, one or more photos of the piece(s) you wish to consign, and let us know any other relevant information, then one of our Specialists will provide you with an estimate range and explain your sale options.
Art & Design Auction — April 8, 2018
Our first sale under our new brand will be on Sunday, April 8, 2018 at the same location in Oak Park, Illinois (just west of Chicago) where we’ve conducted our auctions for the past 30 years. Since the theme for the sale is Art & Design, we’re offering a wide range of paintings, sculpture, furniture, decorative arts, jewelry, and more from different periods. To submit items for consignment for future auctions, feel free to complete our Request an Estimate form. If you’d like to see a preview of the sale, then visit the following page:
Toomey+ Online Marketplace
We’ve created a new browse-and-buy portal for e-commerce featuring a selection of carefully curated items representing the Prairie School, Arts and Crafts, Fine Art, Modern Design, furniture, lighting, and more. If you see something you like, all you have to do is add it to your cart and check out.
Engaging and Informative Content
We at Toomey & Co. intend to use our revamped website to provide our customers with more and better content. Take a look at just some of what we have to offer:
- AUCTIONS — auction-related pages
- Upcoming Auctions — auction schedule
- Auction Preview — images of selected items in our next sale
- Past Auctions — archives of results/lots from past sales
- Buying at Auction — overview of how to buy at auction
- Selling at Auction — overview of how to sell at auction
- Request an Estimate — form for submitting consignments
- Terms and Conditions — auction terms and conditions
- After the Auction — post-auction payment and shipping information
- Purchase Catalogs — link to buying auction catalogs
- Upcoming Auctions — auction schedule
- DEPARTMENTS — department-related pages
- Fine Art — overview, Specialist bio, lots, artists/makers
- Fine Furniture & Decorative Arts — overview, Specialist bio, lots
- Early 20th Century Design — overview, Specialist bios, lots, artists/makers
- Modern Design — overview, Specialist bio, lots, artists/makers
- Fine Jewelry & Timepieces — overview, Specialist bio, lots, artists/makers
- Silver & Objects of Vertu — overview, Specialist bio, lots, artists/makers
- ABOUT — general information
- About Toomey & Co. — our expertise and history
- New and Noteworthy — our services, industry updates, events, and more
- Featured Artists and Makers — artist/maker bios
- Auction Glossary — list of auction-related terms defined
- FAQs — frequently asked questions
- Contact Us — address and contact information for staff
Follow Toomey & Co. Auctioneers
You probably noticed the pop-up window for our mailing list when you first arrived at our new site. If you clicked the ‘X,’ the pop-up should be minimized at the bottom right of your screen. If not, simply scroll down to the green sign-up area below to sign up for updates.
As a member of our mailing list, you will receive useful information about upcoming auctions, consignment opportunities, our Toomey+ online marketplace, new web features, and more. We plan to provide our customers with a steady stream of targeted content in the form of newsletters and other electronic publications.
Be sure to follow us on social media. We’re publishing some great posts on a regular basis, including auction preview items not found on our website, updates on the latest trends, details on industry events, behind-the-scenes perspectives, and insider videos (coming soon).
We look forward to sharing our expertise and keeping you informed!